Instructor: Pamela Talbot M.Ed, CCC-SLP, C.E.D, LSL Cert AVT
This course is designed to give participants a framework for working with the parents in a Listening and Spoken Language (Auditory-Verbal Therapy) approach. The role of an Auditory Verbal Educator or Therapist requires us to move back and forth between counseling, training, and coaching. Each of these will be discussed with theoretical and practical information to give professionals a foundation to build upon in their own practice. Since there is no end to improving these skills we sincerely hope that you find useful information to move you further along in your life long learning journey.
Course Learner Objectives:
1. Participants will create a parent task page related to a particular strategy in Auditory-Verbal Therapy.
2. Participants will be able to identify 2 traits that describe Complex grief.
3. Participants will be able to list 3 strategies to improve parent participation in and outside of the therapy session.
4. Participants will identify benefits of using Appreciative Inquiry with parents in therapy sessions.
The content has been divided into 5 sections as follows:
1. Variables to Consider When Partnering with Parents
3. Parent Education
5. Partnering with Parents, in Action
Each section contains a powerpoint, a reading assignment and /or a task for you to write about. You will know at the beginning of each assignment which ones will be shared with the other students and which will be submitted confidentially. There is a short quiz in each section and a longer multiple choice quiz at the end of the course.
5 LSLS CEUs, AG Bell Academy
In order to receive the certificate of completion you must complete every assignment, and pass all quizzes with an 80% accuracy. At the end you will also be asked to complete a course evaluation form to provide feedback about your experience in the course.
Price: U$S 180
Once the payment has been made, you must send an e-mail with your information to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be given the password to enter the platform.
- Profesor: Pamela Talbot